Village of Newcomerstown Cemetery RulesThe Village of Newcomerstown has three cemeteries – West Lawn Cemetery, State Street Cemetery and Bridge Street Cemetery.
1. Street/Cemetery Superintendent shall have supervision of all cemetery grounds.
2. Cemeteries will not be used as a playground.
3. Driving and parking on the grass is prohibited.
4. Speed limit in cemetery is 10 mph.
5. Intoxicating beverages is prohibited.
6. Defacing of cemetery property is prohibited.
7. No glass containers permitted.
8. All wreaths and flowers, (potted or otherwise) are not to exceed 12” from monuments.
9. No flowering shrubs or bushes shall be planted on any lot.
10. All Christmas wreaths, grave blankets, and other deteriorating decorations shall be removed a week before Easter.
11. Cemetery shrubs or trees on lots shall be trimmed by the Street/Cemetery Superintendent or under his supervision.
12. Use barrels for all refuse.
13.Cemetery cleanup day will be during the week before Easter.
14. No admittance to the cemeteries between dusk and dawn.
15. No foundations, monuments, or markers shall be erected upon any lot until full payment has been received for said lot.
16. Only one interment may be made in a lot which is not fully paid for.
17. Only one burial be permitted per grave space.
18. Any grave marker not in the monument row must be flush with the ground.
19. No monuments or memorials are to be placed on a foundation until said foundation is paid in full.
20. There shall be no further mausoleums erected in the East State Street cemetery, due to the alignment of the existing monuments.
21. No pets are permitted to run loose while at the cemetery and owners are responsible for cleaning up after your pets.
1. Any resident that spends their twilight years in a nursing home or with a care giver in a location outside the Village, they shall be considered a resident of the above schedule.
2. Veteran Section: Rates apply to the specific veteran only. Adult rates apply to spouse.3. Lots can only be sold by the cemetery. Individuals can only sell lots back to the cemetery for the price originally paid.