Water & Sewer FAQ

No answers matched your search
What is part of the water line am I responsible for?

Homeowners responsibility for Water Line is from curb box (outside shut off) to house. Village responsibility for water is from water main to curb box.

What part of the sewer is my responsibility?

Homeowners responsibility for sewer is from the house to the sewer main. Village responsibility for sewer is maintaining the sewer main.

How can I pay my bill?

Payment of water/sewer bill can be done by mail, in person at the Water Office Monday-Friday from 8:00am to 4:00pm at 777 East State Street and there are two drop boxes one in the parking lot and one at the front door or though InvoiceCloud online at newcomerstownoh.com or by phone at (855)925-1669..  You will need your ACCOUNT NUMBER.   Payments by phone you can use check, credit/debit cards. Baker’s IGA will except water bills payments until the due date on the 17th of the month.

What if I received a disconnection notice?

If you received a disconnection notice on your bill the payment must be made in the Water Office by the date indicated on your bill to avoid additional fees and disconnection. Payments made online could take 48 to 72 hours for the office to receive.

Where can I get bulk water from?

Bulk water sales is located at the Water Office at 777 East State Street 24hr day 7 days a week.

When is Hydrant flushing?

Hydrant flushing is scheduled for the spring and fall.

Why is my water usage high?

High water usage common causes are a toilet leak, water softeners stuck on back wash, extra house guests, and a water leaks after the meter.

Can I get a special rate for Pool fills?

Pool filling can be done with a water only fee one time a year with a water meter reading before and after fill.

Why is my water discolored?

Discolored water common causes are hydrant flushing and water brakes.  Extremely low water usage can cause a taste change and a slight discoloring.

Is it necessary to drain water lines in a vacant house?

Draining a water meter and water line are necessary for winterizing a unheated house over the winter.

Is there sewer adjustments for leaks, power-washing, landscaping, etc?


What is the number for AEP?


What is Columbia Gas number?


What is number for Kimble?


General Information
Phone Numbers
Emergencies: Dial 911
777 East State Street