Village of Newcomerstown Cemetery Rules
The Village of Newcomerstown has three cemeteries – West Lawn Cemetery, State Street Cemetery and Bridge Street Cemetery.
- Street/Cemetery Superintendent shall have supervision of all cemetery grounds.
- Cemeteries will not be used as a playground.
- Driving and parking on the grass is prohibited.
- Speed limit in cemetery is 10 mph.
- Intoxicating beverages is prohibited.
- Defacing of cemetery property is prohibited.
- No glass containers permitted.
- All wreaths and flowers, (potted or otherwise) are not to exceed 12” from monuments.
- No flowering shrubs or bushes shall be planted on any lot.
- All Christmas wreaths, grave blankets, and other deteriorating decorations shall be removed a week before Easter.
- Cemetery shrubs or trees on lots shall be trimmed by the Street/Cemetery Superintendent or under his supervision.
- Use barrels for all refuse.
- Cemetery cleanup day will be during the week before Easter.
- No admittance to the cemeteries between dusk and dawn.
- No foundations, monuments, or markers shall be erected upon any lot until full payment has been received for said lot.
- No internment may be made in a lot until it is fully paid for.
- Only one burial be permitted per grave space.
- Any grave marker not in the monument row must be flush with the ground.
- No monuments or memorials are to be placed on a foundation until said foundation is paid in full.
- There shall be no further mausoleums erected in the East State Street cemetery, due to the alignment of the existing monuments.
- No pets are permitted at the cemetery.
- Military markers are $100.00
- Per Ordinance 12-92 section two- a fee of Twenty-five Dollars ($25.00) shall be charged in addition to the standard purchase price for a single grave lot in village cemeteries, and such additional fee shall be deposited into the Cemetery Expendable Trust Fund 807. If a multiple grave is purchased, an additional fee of Twenty-Five Dollars ($25.00) shall be charged for each grave lot contained in said multiple grave lot.
- All expenditures must be lawfully appropriated by the council for expenses in the Cemetery Fund (203) and the Cemetery Trust Fund (807)
- Expenses that exceed $5,000 must have approval from council.
- Monument may not exceed 6 foot in height.
Cemetery Service Schedule
|Adult single grave
||$500.00 + $25 trust fund
||$500 + $25 trust fund
|**Opening & Closing:
** For any weekend or weekday after 3pm, add an additional $250.00. For any village observed holiday, add an additional $350.00.
- Any resident that spends their twilight years in a nursing home or with a care giver in a location outside the Village shall be considered a resident of the above schedule.
- Veteran section: Rates apply to the specific veteran only. Adult rates apply to spouse.
- Lots can only be sold by the cemetery. Individuals can only sell the lots back to the cemetery for price originally paid.
- If a long time resident has moved out of the Village limits due to health reasons, then the Cemetery Superintendent can make the decision if the perpetual care fee is charged.